Addipel - Elyria, OH
Production Operator - Addipel
We are looking to add to our team a full-time Production Operator who will be responsible for a variety of tasks that follow safe, efficient manufacturing practices and ensure on time, in-full delivery to the customer while maintaining a clean work environment.
The Production Operator must be able to communicate production status and escalate problems to proper personnel. Multitasking is critical in this role.
Essential Duties and responsibilities
• Follow standard operating procedures for all assigned tasks
• Monitor machine parameters and resolve processing problems in a safe, efficient manner
• Perform quality control testing, as required
• Safe forklift operation
• Generate customer required documents
• Comply with all safety requirements and bring safety concerns to the attention of management immediately
• Perform equipment maintenance tasks, as needed
• Maintain accurate production documentation
• Interpret job packet instructions in order to set up the correct equipment, dies, and packaging materials
• Identify the correct raw materials from the job packet
• Monitor and adjust mixer/mill settings to meet quality requirements
• Identify the correct packaging from the job packet (boxes, drums, bags, etc.)
• Package and accurately label finished products for shipment
• Must have manual dexterity sufficient to operate a wide variety of small hand tools, scales, spatula, barrel cart, hand trucks, utility knife, mixer/blender machinery and computer equipment
• Support and make recommendations for continuous improvement of internal processes
• Support and lead by example, Barentz’ culture, values and fundamentals
• Participate in ongoing personal development opportunities
• Other duties as requested
• Previous experience in a manufacturing or machining environment required
• Experience in the distribution industry a plus
• Problem-solving and analytical thinking skills
• Strong attention to detail and accurate data entry skills
• Ability to meet deadlines and work independently as well as part of a team
• Fluent in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
Work is performed in a production environment where employees may be exposed to airborne dust. In these circumstances, a NIOSH respirator is required. All employees are provided a company issued respirator, which is properly fit by a physician. To perform this job, employees must be authorized by a physician to carry out all of the necessary job responsibilities while wearing a NIOSH respirator.
The noise level in the facility is moderate. In addition, the air temperature is warm in summer months and colder in the winter months.
The facility operates one shift: Monday – Friday, 7:30am – 4:00 pm, with a 30 min unpaid lunch break.
Barentz North America, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected class.
All current state and federal covid-19 protocols are being followed.
If you are interested in joining our team, please forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.